Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holidays, 2011

Hi all


Approaching Christmas, and Barb (AKA Louise, if I remember properly) and I (if she's Louise, then I must be Thelma) are tentatively planning our next road trip.  April again, this time the first 10 days.  Our itinerary includes some hot spots in NC:  Outer Banks; Raleigh and Greensboro, of course; and Southern Pines, Pinehurst and (Barb doesn't know this yet) the campus of Gram's alma mater, Flora MacDonald College.  After several name changes and repurposings, it is now a primary and secondary school, with gardens that are supposedly quite spectacular.  It isn't far from Southern Pines and Pinehurst, and I always wanted to see it.  If I remember right, it is now called Flora MacDonald Academy.


Also wanted to share the last few pictures I have of Joey.  These were taken in August.  The first ones are right after he had a bath, so he looks darker than he actually is.  I think he got a really great home--a small animal veterinarian in the Saratoga area, with many other pets and a bunch of kids.  He was 6 months old and nearly 700 lbs when he left here.  Hope you enjoy these pictures.






















One more fun note:  we had our first egg produced yesterday.  It was about 2/3 the size of a regular large egg, and a pretty brown.  Our hospital cat knocked it off my desk (yes, of course I brought it to work to show everyone) and it broke. No new eggs before I left this morning, but maybe when I get home....

It's in the 40's and raining here; no snow on the ground at all.  As a matter of fact, we have only just gotten over 1" so far this whole season.  Pitiful.  But anyway, 

Merry Christmas to all--
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment