Monday, August 17, 2015

Chicken parmagiana pizza

I don't much like chicken or turkey dark meat, so I started looking for recipes using ground chicken.  And look what I found!  This is from Rachael Ray on Food.com.  And it's really good.  The crust is from Taste of Home.

Pizza crust

2 1/2 c flour
1 t salt
1 t sugar (I use honey)
1 T yeast
1 c warm water
1 t oil

Combine flour, salt, sugar and yeast.  Combine water and oil, and add to flour mixture.  Add flour if needed to form a soft dough.  Knead on a lightly floured surface for 1-2 minutes, until smooth and elastic.  Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.  Cover and let rise in a warm spot for 20 minutes.  Punch down dough; press/pat to desired size on pizza pan.

Poke a few holes in the crust and drizzle with olive oil.  Bake the crust for about 10 minutes at 425.  


Pizza topping

2 T oil
1 lb ground chicken
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 t oregano
8 ounces tomato sauce
1 c shredded parmesan cheese
1 1/2 c shredded provolone (I used mozz)
5-6 leaves of fresh basil, sliced thin


Heat 2 T olive oil in a large skillet.  Add chicken, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.  Break up chicken as it cooks.  When cooked (5-6 minutes), add parsley, oregano and tomatoes (and a couple pinches of red pepper flakes, if desired).  Heat through.

Top partly cooked crust with sauce and cheeses.  Return to oven and bake until golden and bubbly, 5-10 minutes.  Top with fresh basil and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment