Friday, August 17, 2012

GF banana nut muffins

 This is from recipe4living.com.  It makes 6 average (not overflowing the top, the way I like!!) Texas muffins.  Had them hot this morning; don't know how they will be tomorrow (all you GF folks know about GF baked goods the next day, right?).

1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c brown sugar
1 t vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 c sour cream
1 large, ripe banana, mashed
3/4 c brown rice flour
1/2 c potato starch (recipe called for potato flour, I didn't have any on hand)
1/4 c soy flour
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
I added about 1 c pecans, broken up

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.  Add eggs and beat well.  Add sour cream and banana and mix well.  Stir in dry ingredients and mix well.  Add pecans and mix well.

Spray Texas muffin cups with oil.  Fill 1/2-3/4 full.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment