Friday, January 11, 2013
GF sandwich bread
Not bad, as GF goes; not great after the first day, as GF goes. I freeze it then toast it when I want to use it.
1 T yeast
1 T sugar
1 1/3 c very warm tap water
2 1/2 c brown rice flour
1 1/4 c sorghum flour
1 1/4 c tapioca flour
2 1/2 t xanthan gum
1 t salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 T oil
1 t cider vinegar
Combine yeast, sugar and water in mixer bowl; let rest until foamy.
Combine dry ingredients with a whisk.
Mix eggs, oil and vinegar.
Add all to yeast mixture in mixer bowl. Beat on medium for 4 minutes. Spray the bottom only of a 9" x 5" glass loaf pan. Pour batter into pan and smooth/shape a nice rounded top. Loosely cover (I use a tea towel) and let rise 20 minutes in a warm place.
Bake at 350 for 48-50 minutes. Turn off oven and open door for a minute to reduce the temperature. Close oven again and leave loaf in oven 10-15 minutes more.
Remove from oven; loosen sides of loaf and turn out onto a wire rack. Don't cut until cool (I NEVER follow this instruction; I eat a heel as soon as I can!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment